Don’t miss out on this information-packed session about legal aspects of cheerleading and drill teams! This year there will be increased focus on social media policies.
Participants will be provided practical advice for handling situations often encountered by administrators and coaches.
Topics We'll Cover
- Social Media and Cyberbullying
- Rights Associated with Extracurricular Activities
- UIL and Coaching Requirements
- Options for Selecting Team Members
District and Staff Liability & Immunity
Transportation and Other Travel Issues
Access to Education Records, Score Cards
Title IX Gender Issues, LGBTQ
Relevant Federal and State Court Cases
Extracurricular Codes of Conduct
- Discipline and Removal from Team
- Cheerleader Constitutions
- Student and Parent Complaints
Who Should Attend
Campus Administrators, Directors of Student Services, Directors of Fine Arts, Athletic Directors, Cheer Coaches, Drill Team/Dance Teachers
The session in Plano scheduled for 3/26, has been postponed. We will post a new date once it has been rescheduled.